Petaluma, California

I was denied a home warranty Claim for my “mini

Split” heat pump in a bonus room above my garage, which Fidelity is stating it is a guest house. The bonus room is attached to my home via a walkway from the master bedroom.

Fidelity Warranty claims that it is a guest house. Rose Heating had previously worked on the unit- and the unit broke again. Rose heating came out for a second time and determined I needed a whole new system, and they also advised Fidelity that we have a detached unit even though a walkway is clearly Structurally attached to the house. Same electrical panel plumbing and central vacuum system.

I’ve asked for the verbiage of what Fidelity Warranty considers a “guest house.” They said they couldn't provide me that info.

I did my due diligence and went to the City of Petaluma to review the building permit that was pulled for this home when it was built, it states this is a single-family home; not an guest house. The Chief Building Officer wrote a letter stating that it is indeed a single-family home- not a guest house as Fidelity claims.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

Larry Taylor
Home Improvement Expert

According to Pissed Consumer, Fidelity National Home Warranty has 1.3 out of 5 possible stars. The rating is based upon the feedback of consumers who shared their experience in 39 different reviews.

One of the most frequent Fidelity National Home Warranty complaints is in regards to customer service. Fidelity National Home Warranty reviews indicate that customers have had to hold on the line for up to an hour to get assistance. There are no resolved issues.

However, some customers like the company. You may check out more details regarding customer experience with the company in the article “Best Answers to FNHW FAQ like “Is Fidelity National Home Warranty Legit?”